This is a recipe that caught my eyes as soon as I read it.
This simple recipe is the perfect appetizer for a relaxing night in with friends.
- Wheel of brie (avoid triple cream)
- Fruit preserves, jam, or jelly of your choice
- Brie baker
- Parchment paper
- Cherry wood – 1-2 fist sized chunks (dry, not soaked)
- Prep your grill for smoking/baking – with heat deflector
- Remove the brie wheel from the wrapper and cut in half horizontally and spread your preserves on one side, then place the top half bake on. Like you are making a sandwich!
- Line your brie baker with just enough parchment so that the brie can rest inside. (you don’t want to much parchment because it could catch fire, make sure parchment does not touch grill grates or sides of grill)
- Add your cherry wood directly into the fire, place your brie baker (with lid off) on your grill surface over the heat-deflector for 20-25 minutes or until almost melted.
- Add the lid to your baker for the last 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve with crackers and additional preserves! ENJOY