Oven Fried Chicken (Baked Fried Chicken Breast)
I got excited when I saw this recipe because who doesn't like fried chicken? It’s so healthy, juicy, flavorful, and CRISPY! You would never guess this chicken is oven baked and not fried. The spice rub tastes just like your favorite KFC. SO MUCH FLAVOR! This baked fried chicken breast recipe is a favorite to make year round.
- 2 large chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley optional
- CUT chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, to create 4 even portions.
- PLACE chicken in a large bowl and marinate in milk for about 20 minutes.
- MIX together flour, paprika, all-purpose spice, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- PREHEAT oven to 400ºF.
- Place parchment paper on a 9×13 baking sheet. MELT butter and pour onto the parchment, coating the bottom of the pan/parchment.
- Lightly pat each chicken breast with a paper towel to remove excess milk before dipping. DIP each chicken breast, one at a time, in the flour mixture. COAT both sides liberally. PLACE in pan.
- REPEAT with all four chicken breasts, making sure there is a small amount of room between each breast in the pan. This will allow them to crisp while baking.
- BAKE at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes (or until the breading is golden brown and the juices run clear), flipping each breast after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with parsley if desired. Enjoy!